meta data for this page
December 30, 2016
John and Alan, at the Gyro house.
We talked about putting together a consulting practice to package a Linux based thin client lab for schools with limited resources. We reviewed the findings listed on the main page of The Zero Dollar Lab Project. We also reviewed information from Avatara and their Windows thin client offering. We looked at articles on schools and Open Source computing from opensource.com. We also discussed a plan using PiNet.
The plan we came up with is as follows:
- To start tracking hours on the project.
- Build a prototype server/thin client setup for testing and demonstrations.
- Develop a cost plan for our setup.
- Build a sales model on what we could offer our plan in various forms as a consulted or turnkey service.
- Have a working plan that can be offered by the end of calendar 2018.
- We realized that while the Zero Dollar Lab Project was a good name to start, we would need to change it.