meta data for this page
This is the short, notes only version of the instructions on PiNet http://pinet.org.uk/articles/installation/installing-PiNet.html
- To install PiNet Jessie (Stable), enter
wget –content-disposition http://links.pinet.org.uk/jessie-stable-pinetand hit enter. This downloads the PiNet script. The main script is called pinet.
- PiNet Jessie - Note that PiNet Jessie is now recommended over PiNet Wheezy (version 1.1.9 and below). PiNet Wheezy support will end at the end of 2017.
- Once that completes, enter
sudo bash pinetwhich will launch PiNet. A desktop icon will be created when the software installs but you can always use this command to manually launch PiNet.
- Enter your password as the application must be run as administrator (nothing will look like it is being entered, this is a Linux security feature so don’t worry, it is being entered).
- PiNet will offer to run a full install, select yes.
- Note PiNet Jessie right now only includes support for the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ in the Alpha and Beta branches. If you wish to use PiNet with a 3B+, please make sure you are on the Alpha or Beta branch. Select which release channel you wish to use. If using in a production environment, it is recommended you select Stable. If you wish to test out new bleeding edge features, select Development.
- Select Ok to continue after reading how to select additional software.
Installation will take about two hours. Resume at step 8 of the full instructions.